Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dreamforce, Day 1

Dreamforce kicked off this morning with the Keynote given by Benioff and supported by the Mayor of San Fran, the CTO of Salesforce and two key Product guys. Three features make me really excited about what's on the horizon for the Force.com platform. I'll go into more detail this weekend about some of those features but here they are:

Report Builder - Enhanced WYSIWYG report generator allows drag and drop report building on ONE PAGE. No more 7 step wizard flow. That's huge

Chatter - Integrated Social networking capabilities for an enterprise. I see this doing away with a lot of our email alerts and that makes me really happy

Cloud Scheduler - Meeting invite integration with Outlook and Gmail. Very cool feature.

After the keynote, I attended a "What's new with Force.com" breakout for Advanced Developers. They talked about the Apex Scheduler pilot, Bulk Apex and Custom Settings. Really excited about putting Async support in our Org. More to come on that later

No comments: