
Another 70 degree day in Boulder and the sun is shining. I just finished a quick ride up the canyon on one of my favorite loops, Poorman Rd.
Poorman is a great ride for a day filled with errands; you can be up and back within an hour and still get a great cardio workout.
I brought a backpack with some Gatorade and a Clif bar because I felt I might be able to ride to Gold Hill. No such luck as I am really out of shape. After a great breakfast (to which I was treated) at Lucile's I set off to work off the Eggs Jennifer.
I stopped to talk to a friend who was coming down from the canyon, sucking Camelback and looking red-faced. She had just come from 'the Top' (interpreted correctly as the top of the bike trail at the base of Four Mile). I planned to go a bit further.
Head down, listening to Illmatic and 36 Chambers I pushed past the base of Four Mile. I was passed twice by gear-heads in spandex and bemoaned my lack of motivation to get out and ride; as a 20-something I would never have let someone pass me on this relative sprint of a ride.
After passing the Dearholt residence (or at least their memorable mailbox, right below Leonard's Wy and the apex of the ride) I realized that there was no way I would have been up for the Gold Hill ride. I pushed on through and reached the top of the road, leading down to Sunshine Canyon.
I stopped and had my lunch while doing some of the Sunday NY Times crossword then lay back to catch some sun (thank you SPF 45). Uneventful ride back but another ride worth (b)logging.
No comments:
Post a Comment