Saturday, May 06, 2017

The Bird Watch

May 2017 is a great month for birds and bird enthusiasts alike - especially here in Boulder, CO. While digging around for links on Global Big Day, I found this great link to an event one week later right here in Boulder - Boulder Bird Day. I head out to Sawhill Ponds to do some fishing at least two handfuls of times a year, most often when the runoff is too high to fish for trout in the creeks. One of my favorite birds that appears around this time of year right up on Shanahan Ridge is the Western Tanager.

Photo Credit Stephen Parsons.

If you don't know much about this lovely bird, check out this link to learn more. Best part about you visiting this link? You'll get a popup that requests you pledge for Big day to support the three teams who'll break out and maybe see 300 species in a single day on 13.May.2017. I'm gearing up to take my boys and my binocs out along with a notepad and pencil. I'm going to go for 20 species. That'll be a fun day!

No comments: